How to optimize your Google My Business listing in under 90 minutes…
The clock is ticking, let’s go.
Complete Your Business Information
Discrepancies in your business information will negatively effect your SeR.
Fairly simple and very important. You have to fill out your NAT (name address and telephone) info.
Pro Tip: create a profile description optimized for your top 3 keyword phrases in a google document or other text editor.
- Top Digital Marketing Agencies of 2020.
- Top Web Design Companies
- Top PPC Agencies & Paid Media Advertising Companies Of 2020 according to DR
- Top eCommerce Web Design Companies
How to optimize your Google My Business listing in under 90 minutes
Make the first one 500 words and the 2nd 1500 words. save bothering your clipboard for fast profile insertions and consistency
How do you optimize your Google My Business listing and earn top ranking?
Make your idea real online.
Here’s how to optimize your Google My Business listing…
Complete Your Business Information
Here’s the list of core business information that needs to be accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date in your GMB listing:
- Phone Number
I’d like to put an emphasis on accurate and consistent business information.
Your information should always be consistent with what is currently listed on your site because they will be indexed by Google Search, Maps and Google+, providing a foundation for your local SEO.
What’s the catch? Discrepancies in your business information will hurt.
Pro Tip: Anyone, including your competition, can suggest a change or edit to your GMB listing so always keep an eye on your listing through the GMB dashboard.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when filling out your business information:
- Make sure that your address matches the correct coordinates on the map and include the same zip code format provided on your website.
2. Enter a local phone number instead of a national or call center option.
3. Be specific in . For example, choose “best roofing company in Baytown” instead of just “roofing company”.
4. Avoid stuffing your business description with keywords.
5. Add important attributes that will answer questions your customers will likely have.
Examples include: fix leaking roofs, install new roof, install residential roofs, inspect roofs after hail storm or hurricane, insurance claim roofing
Create Google My Business Posts
Posts can appear in both search and map results.
Pro Tip: Take Advantage of Google’s Booking Button
Google My Business optimization is made even more powerful with their online booking buttons.
Google’s Booking button feature makes it a lot easier to be valuable to potential clients. People don’t even have to leave Google to book an appointment with you.
Activating the booking button is very easy. Here’s how:
- First, log in to Google My Business and click Sign Up for Bookings in the homepage.
- Next, choose your booking provider from .
- Then, track your bookings.
Activate Google Messaging
Did you know that 90% of people will not answer if they do not recognize the number? It’s true, most people don’t want to talk on the phone anymore.
Experts found out that direct SMS messaging even has a higher conversion rate than mobile advertising.
Google messaging enables business owners to communicate with their customers real-time. It lets us answer questions and comments through text messaging.
Using messaging is just another way to be available through the clients preferred method. Respond to inquiries promptly, or enabling this feature could cost you.
Use the Questions & Answers Feature
Google’s Questions and Answers feature is as cool to use as it sounds.
Business owners can:
- add frequently asked questions to their listing,
- answer questions from potential customers, and
- highlight top responses.
Your GMB listing is definitely the first place I’d recommend you focus on getting high quantity and quality reviews. Reviews play a huge part in a potential customer’s decision-making process.
Pro Tip: Respond to your online reviews.
A good review is an opportunity to turn a customer into a raving fan of your business.
A neutral or bad review, on the other hand, is an opportunity to make things right.
Responding to all online reviews is customer service 101, and you will gain competitive advantage because most businesses don’t do this.
Pictures, Videos, and Avatars
Upload Photos, Videos, use your avatar when posting to your GMB Listing.
Another secret of a well-optimized Google My Business listing is to upload photos and videos to your listing. There’s no doubt that visual content is appealing.
Google My Business lets business owners upload photos and videos easily.
Pro Tip: Creating an avatar and using it as a spokes person
will increase engagement and create a genuine emotional connection with clients
If this helped you please
- share it with someone else that you think could benefit from optimizing their Google my Business listing
- leave a comment pointing out a bullet point that you did not know
- leave your business link in the comments
- like it and share it in your favorite Facebook busuness group with a recommendation.